The Sevenoaks Synchronised Swimming team shone at the recent Kent Championships in Canterbury with every swimmer leaving the event having won a medal! And the 13-18 team were absolutely ecstatic, winning Gold!
The 13-18 team members were Aruni Meedeniya, Eden Dyer, Maelle Fontaine, Emilie Williams, Sophia McInnes, Amelia Bell, Isabelle Thompson, and Tiia Lahdelma.
In the individual championships, the medal winners were:
• Novice category: Abigail Bampton, bronze (under-12). Ruby Ferguson (13-18), in her first ever competition won the Gold!
• Grade 0 (13-18): Lena Saunders brought home the silver medal with Michaela Grobbelaar winning the bronze.
• Grade 1: It was gold for Sarah Fitzgerald, (under-12) an amazing achievement after just 10 months with the club. In 13-18 age group, Emilie Williams won the bronze.
• Grade 2: Lucy Sadler (under-12) won the bronze medal whilst Maelle Fontaine also won the bronze medal in the 13-18 category.
• Grade 3: Tiia Lahdelma (13-15) won silver, whilst Aruni Meedeniya (15-18) took the bronze.
The team also entered two duets. The under-12 girls managed to bring home a second gold medal this season (Lucy Sadler, Fleur Kirk and reserve Angelina Bezuidenhout). The 13-18 duet narrowly missed out on a podium place coming in 4th (Tiia Lahdelma, Aruni Meedeniya and reserve Amelia Bell).
Finally, the club entered three routines in the team championships, each team swimming to music for three minutes. The under-12 team, were ecstatic to take home the gold medal and the under-12 trophy. Team members were Angelina Bezuidenhout, Betty Black, Abigail Bampton, Stanley Stiff, Ella Francis, Fleur Kirk, Gemma Grobbelaar, Sarah Fitz-Gerald, Lillie Horgan and Abbie White.
The under-15 team won bronze in a very tough category, just 0.2 separating them from the gold!
Team members: Amy Cameron, Katie Thomas, Jodie Yew, Michaela Grobbelaar, Sayaka Soga, Laragh Redhouse, Lena Saunders, Lucy Sadler, Niamh Black, Ros Hilson and Ruby Ferguson.