Sevenoaks families can sign up for free tennis sessions at the Hollybush Tennis Centre in Sevenoaks on Wednesday evenings. The tennis taster sessions are ideal for people with little or no experience of playing tennis who are keen to try out the sport.
The free offer from Sevenoaks District Council includes court hire, tennis rackets and tennis balls. Professional coaches from the John Heuerman Tennis Academy will be on hand to offer help and advice. Family groups of between two and five people can book on the four-week course.
A chance for the whole family to play together! This is a community project funded by Sevenoaks District Council. The one-hour sessions run on Wednesdays from 6.30pm to 8.30pm from 9th June to 28th July.
To book a slot, residents should visit www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/tennis.
Cllr Lesley Dyball, the Council’s Cabinet Member for People and Places says: “With the longer evenings, now is a great time to try out tennis. Many people may feel tennis is an expensive, exclusive activity, but this could not be further from the truth. These free sessions will give 12 families the chance to try out tennis in a fun and supportive environment. But if you’re keen join, the ball is in your court: places are available on a first come, first served basis, so I would urge anyone who is interested to sign up soon as possible.”
Terms and conditions apply:
- The course is only open to Sevenoaks District residents. However, the course is not available to existing members of the John Heuerman Tennis Academy.
- Under 16 year olds must be accompanied by an adult.
- Up to 12 families can join the scheme and places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- If you do not turn up for a session, your remaining sessions may be cancelled.
- If a booking is cancelled due to bad weather or adverse playing conditions, we will offer you an alternative session.