The Sevenoaks District Council organised rides are aimed at people who may be new to cycling or have not been on a bike in a while or just lack confidence. They are also open to all, especially families with small children.
Rides are taking place in ‘spoketacular’ Knole Park offering a 90 minute, gentle paced ride with breaks and traffic free paths in the stunning ancient deer park and at the world famous Brands Hatch racing track providing an opportunity to ride on the renowned racing circuit that hosted Formula 1 racing.
Rides take place on the following days:
- Sunday 22 July, 10.30am – Knole Park
- Sunday 12 August, 10.30am – Knole Park
- Tuesday 28 August, 10.30am – Brands Hatch
- Tuesday 28 August, 2pm – Brands Hatch
- Wednesday 29 August, 10.30am – Brands Hatch
- Wednesday 29 August, 2pm – Brands Hatch
- Sunday 2 September, 10.30am – Knole Park
- Sunday 16 September, 10.30am – Knole Park
Places must be booked in advance by calling the Council on 01732 227000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Michelle Lowe, the Council’s Cabinet Member for Health, says: “These rides were so popular last summer we just had to bring them back again this year. Cycling with others is not only great for physical health, but exercise and meeting new people is also good for mental health.
“Knole Park provides beautiful scenery to be enjoyed on the rides and cycling on the world famous Brands Hatch for free is always incredibly popular so residents better get off the mark quick to book their place.”