It’s been a good week for several clubs within the Sevenoaks District, here are your highlights:
- Sevenoaks Suns marched to another win in the WBBL Championship on Sunday, defeating four-player Durham Palatinates 92-38, to give them their sixth win of the season and maintaining their 100% record.
- Sevenoaks Town FC stretched their unbeaten league run to five games after beating Greenwich Borough FC 1-0 away, taking them to 10th in the table. They face Phoenix Sports FC at home this Saturday, 3.00pm kick off.
- Sevenoaks Hockey Club men’s 1st XI earned their second point of the season after a tense encounter with Reading on Saturday evening at Hollybush Lane after the match ended scoreless. They travel to Exeter University this weekend in a must-win match for Premier League survival.
- Meanwhile, the ladies first team scored two goals away at St. Albans to keep them in the title race. The face win-less Ipswich at home on Saturday, push-back is at 5.00pm.
- Sevenoaks Rugby Club first XV were unlucky not to get anything out of their London 1 South first game against Medway RFC, losing 45-34, but the 2nd and 4th XV’s managed two wins against the same club.
- In the Kent County League, Otford United FC secured another three points with a 3-0 win over Faversham Strike Force Seniors.
- Ide Hill FC and Chipstead FC both triumphed in cup games, Hill beating Fleetdown United FC ‘B’ 4-2 in the Sevenoaks Senior Charity Cup and Chipstead winning 3-0 away at AFC Mottingham in the Inter-Regional Challenge Shield.
- Sevenoaks Suns’ Head Coach Len Busch was crowned Molten WBBL Coach of the Month on Monday thanks to Sevenoaks’ perfect start to the season.
- Former Suns player, Chantelle Pressley was rewarded after her great performances for Team England at the Commonwealth Games earlier in the year with a place in GB Women’s 16-player basketball squad.
Charity Auction for clubs 70th Anniversary
Meanwhile, St. Lawrence Football Club of the Sevenoaks & District Football League are celebrating their 70th Anniversary in 2018 with a Charity auction finishing on Saturday night at Nizels Golf Club, tickets are available at £30.00. They have many items available and are open to bids, please contact John Herbert on 07770 350807.
- Loch Lomond Golf Club four-ball + lunch and flights – £2,500 BID
- A golf trip to Ireland four-ball on the Ryder Cup Course at the K Club,£300 Dinner at The Ivy ,and 4 ball at Royal Portmarnock Golf Club – £2,040 BID
- Presentation Case containing a bottle of Vieil Delord 1955 Armagnac – £300 BID
- A four-ball at Tandridge Golf Club, plus lunch – £300 BID
- Meal for six people at either The Guinea, Tunbridge Wells or The Horse and Groom, Wilmington – £200 BID
- A framed England shirt, signed by Steven Gerrard – £160 BID
- A Liverpool shirt ,unframed, signed by David Johnson and Ian Callaghan – £120 BID
- Four best quality Sirloin Steaks and a nice bottle of Chapel Down Red – £100 BID
- Midweek four-ball at The Nevill Golf Club – £170 BID
- Barcelona shirt ,unframed ,signed by Andres Iniesta – £100 BID
- Bottle of Dow’s 2004 Vintage Port – £100 BID
- Six bottles of Gravel Lane Vineyard white wine – £80 BID
- A signed unframed Crystal Palace shirt, 2012, with GAC as sponsor – £50 BID
- Professional Black Jack Poker Table with all the chips – No bids so far
- Merci Arsene and Commemorative programme – No bids so far
THIS WEEK’S FIXTURES
Bostik Football League South East Division: Sevenoaks Town v Phoenix Sports.
Kent County Football League Premier Division: Otford United v Bexley. Division One West: Chipstead v South East Athletic; Ide Hill v Halls AFC. Division Three West: Halstead United v Parkwood Rangers.
Sevenoaks & District Football League: Premier Division: Kemsing United v Blackham & Ashhurst; Leigh v Southborough Reserves; Nomads v Ightham. Division One: Ightham Reserves v Westerham; Swanley Oaks v Sevenoaks Weald. Division Two: Hawkenbury v Nomads Reserves; Wilderpark v Eynsford. Division Three: Southborough 3rd v St Lawrence Reserves. Division Four: Westerham Reserves v Wilderpark Reserves; Woodlands Reserves v Penshurst Park.
Smiths Cup sponsored by Sevenoaks Sports: Senior: St Lawrence v Woodlands. Intermediate: Seal v Tonbridge Invicta Reserves.
Craske & Wells Memorial Trophy: Halls AFC Reserves v Otford United Reserves
Fisher Shield: Ide Hill Reserves v Kemsing United Reserves; The Bull Horton Kirby v Kings Hill Reserves.
South East Counties Womens League – Kent Division 2 West: Sevenoaks Town v Guru Nanak (Sunday).
Premier 2 East: Sevenoaks 3rd v Canterbury 3rd Development.
England Hockey Mens Premier: University of Exeter v Sevenoaks (Sunday). Mens South Hockey League Kent/Sussex Regional 1: Old Bordenians v Sevenoaks 2nd. Kent Area Division 1: Sevenoaks 3rd v Herne Bay. Kent Area Division 2: Canterbury  Millers v Sevenoaks 4th.
Investec Womens Hockey Leagues – Conference East: Sevenoaks v Ipswich. East Region Hockey Leagues – Womens Premier: Canterbury 2nd v Sevenoaks 2nd. Womens Division 2 South East: Sevenoaks 3rd v Redbridge & Ilford. Kent Women’s Outdoor Premier: Marden Russets v Sevenoaks 4th. Division 1: Sevenoaks 5th v Gravesend; Edenbridge v Gillingham Anchorians; Burnt Ash (Bexley) 2nd v Sevenoaks Acorns.